a beer's world






I know I've taken a while to finish my Bogotá posts...but this only proves the amazing fun I had over there and little time I had to write about it! So, before I continue with the pics and recommendations, I wanted to make a little commercial break. On my last day, I went to the Pomona supermarket to bring some supplies back to Costa Rica, when I ran into series of beautifully colored beer bottles, and of course had to buy one. So I went on to research, and it turns out they were designed by Colombian Lip Ltda inspired by the brewery's icon of an Old Ford Truck that delivers beer to your home. The brewery, Bogotá Beer Company (BBC), now has this truck along with strong typography features in all its graphic identity works. One of the things I found extremely beautiful in Colombia are the names of places, which I think have some sort of fun combinations that make up catchy names...and in this case, BBC names each beer after a city or place. And, the best part? For me definitely is that the bottles capture the country's essence with the colors used in each tag...colors that you'll find in Bogotá walking through the city center, especially through the streets of La Candelaria and more specifically, El Callejón del Embudo!