a little goes a long way

Can't remember where I got it from. Sorry! Btw, how lovely
does the polka-dots looked combined with the zebra-print?
No me acuerdo de donde la saqué. ¡Perdón! Por cierto, ¿qué tan
lindos se ven los puntitos combinados con el patrón de zebra?

Via Trendy Room Decorations

Via Homes Interior

Via Elle Decor

Via Decor Pad

I've been helping my aunt decorate her new bachelorette apartment, and I wanted to create spaces with true personality. The apartment as a whole is not that big, but each space is clearly marked...reason why I figured it would give me lots of room (mind the pun) to play with. I've got three main spaces that I want to focus on: the living room, the staircase and her bedroom; I can then use them as center marks to give the other spaces splashes here and there. For the bedroom we chose a black-lace wallpaper, and I have some ideas I might share a bit later when I have them clearer in my mind. Now, for the living room (which is the first space you run into when you open the door) I wanted something big...and I found it! It's an animal print wallpaper...most specifically a zebra-print! Now, it's not the typical zebra-like patterns we see everywhere: it's got big thick lines and a mixture of black, champagne and silver colors (no white). All in all, it's not that overwhelming. In fact, I might dare to say it's classy and somehow calming. So I went into a bit of research for inspiration on decor using zebra-prints, and came up with the conclusion that a little goes a long way when it comes to using animal prints. Now, I might not be following that word-to-word since I'm using it on a whole wall, but the wall is quite tiny so I think it will work just fine. To highlight it it, I'm thinking of putting a red couch (of course!), but then soften the rest with ivory-like colors. Any thoughts? How about some golden accesories?

He estado ayudando a mi tía decorar su nuevo apartamento de soltera, y quería crear espacios con gran personalidad. El apartamento como tal no es muy grande, pero cada lugar está muy bien definido...razón por la cuál pienso que tengo suficiente espacio para jugar. Tengo tres lugares claves en los cuales me quiero enfocar: la sala, la escalera y el cuarto, y con ellos puedo partir para darle vida al resto de los espacios. Para el cuarto escogimos un papel tapiz negro de encaje, y tengo algunas ideas que tal vez puedo compartir luego, cuando las tenga un poco más claras en mi mente. Ahora, para la sala (lo primero que se ve cuando se entra al apartamento) quería algo grande...y lo encontré! Es un papel tapiz que asimila el patrón de la zebra! No es el típico patrón de zebra que vemos en todo lado, sino más bien tiene líneas gruesas y una mezcla de negro, champaña y plateados (no tiene blanco). Definitivamente no es abrumador. De hecho, me atrevo a decir que es elegante y de alguna manera tiene un efecto calmante. Así que hice un poco de investigación para encontrar inspiración en decoración que use patrones de zebra y llegué a la conclusión que al usarlos, un poco llega muy lejos. Ahora, tal vez no siga esa conclusión al pie de la letra, pero la pared es bastante pequeña así que pienso que debería funcionar bien. Para resaltarlo, pienso poner un sillón rojo capitoneado (¡por supuesto!) y bajarle el tono a lo demás pienso usar tonos color hueso. ¡Oigo opiniones! ¿Qué tal si uso accesorios dorados?